DATE IDEAS IN SAN DIEGO | OUR RECOMMENDATIONS
Whether you’re adrenaline junkies, outdoor enthusiasts or music snobs, ‘America’s Finest City’ pretty much has you covered. San Diego date spots can be found in every corner, below are our top picks. And when it’s time to make the plans, simply check in with our seriously connected Concierge team, and they’ll get you dialed in.
THE ‘ALL-IN-ONE’ – OK, we are a little biased but why not start and end your date in one place. Hard Rock Hotel San Diego is a destination in itself; and, you can celebrate an occasion in style, or simply get away together for a little ‘Q.T.’
- Check-in to your Hard Rock Suite and have a bottle of wine ordered up
- Nosh on some world-famous sushi at Nobu
- Set aside 4 ½ hours and indulge in the ‘Rock of Love’ couples escape by Rock Spa
- Dance the night away at happening hot spots 207 or Float
- Nurse your hangover with some killer French Toast at Maryjane’s
- Relax poolside, or cozy up in the rooftop Jacuzzi
- Surprise your date with a little bling from Rock Shop
ADVENTURE ADDICTS - with near perfect weather, there's a plethora of outdoor adventures to be found in this city. Below are just a few daring date ideas in San Diego to consider.
- Hike Torrey Pines State Park in La Jolla
- Sky Dive in the dessert with Sky Dive San Diego
- Kayak in the La Jolla Caves at sunset
- Hike to the peak of Cowles Mountain, with views to Mexico
- Catch a wave at Mission Beach’s break
FOR THE YOUNG AT HEART - there's no shortage of activities in the San Diego region aimed at the younger years, but perfect for the young at heart.
- Watch exotic animals at play at the world famous San Diego Zoo or Safari Park
- Jump on one of the thrilling rides at Legoland in Carlsbad
- Delight in the dolphin show then cozy up for the evening Shamu performance at SeaWorld
- Play a little putt-putt or get after some batting practice at Boomers entertainment center
- Play your fave arcade games from your younger years at Dave & Buster’s
MUSIC LOVERS UNITE - all genres of musical talent can be found in this city, from large-scale stadium events to intimate, acoustic performances.
- A-list artists can be found rocking out at Cricket Wireless Amphitheater, while bands with buzz play at smaller venues like Casbah, 4th&B, Belly Up, House of Blues and so many more
- Check our event listings for the 4-1-1 on monthly installments of Maryjane’s Underground with local bands or SOUNDCHECK (in partnership with FILTER Magazine) showcasing up-and-coming, nationally touring bands
- Catch dance-worthy beats at the happening club scene in the Gaslamp Quarter, including Hard Rock’s hot clubs 207 and Float
- For those who don’t want to sit on the sidelines, dive in to some Karaoke at The Lamplighter or Analog Bar
- Marvel at the stuff of rock legends when you take a Memorabilia Tour
at the hotel , then walk over to Hard Rock Café San Diego to catch